Payments to support households
The second Australian Government stimulus payment of $750 to around five million social security, veteran and other income support recipients and eligible concession card holders will be paid automatically in July.
This is in addition to the $750 stimulus payment announced on 12 March 2020.
This second payment will be made automatically to Australian residents who receive certain DVA benefits on 10 July 2020:
- Service Pension, Partner Service Pension, Income Support Supplement, or Veteran Payment
- Disability Pension (separate to the $6.20 per fortnight allowance)
- Special Rate Disability Pension
- Permanent Impairment compensation
- War Widow(er)s Pension or Wholly Dependent Partner payment
- Gold Cards, Commonwealth Seniors Health Cards and Pensioner Concession Cards
- Age Pension paid by DVA
Anyone who is in receipt of the separate Coronavirus Supplement ($550 per fortnight) will not be eligible for the second stimulus payment.
Veterans and their families running businesses can also access measures such as the JobKeeper payment.
If you are receiving a DVA income support payment, such as the service pension or income support supplement, and your employer has notified you that they are receiving the JobKeeper Payment, you must report that income to DVA. If you do not report the income, you may incur a debt that you will be required to pay back.
If you have not provided your bank account details to the Department you can call the Veterans’ Access Network (VAN) on 1800 VETERAN (1800 838 372).
For more information, visit the Department of Social Services’ COVID-19 Information and Support page.